College of Liberal Arts
National Sun Yat-sen University
70 Lien-hai Road, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan
Tel: 886-7-52530005轉3006、3008 Fax: 886-7-5253009
Sun Yat-sen Journal of Humanities
- Sun Yat-sen Journal of Humanities is an English-Chinese bilingual journal founded in April 1993 by the College of Liberal Arts at National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan. The Journal, with its biannual publication in summer and winter, solicits scholarly papers concerning various topics in the study of human sciences:
A. We welcome essays of interest to those concerned with the study of literature, history, philosophy, linguistics, musicology and other fields of humanities. Submission will be expected to contain original work and should not have been published or presented in abridged or other form elsewhere. (Qualified master thesis or doctoral dissertations will be deemed as presented and will not be accepted by the Editorial Board)
B. We also welcome reviews on books which were published within recent three years and concerned with literature, history, philosophy, linguistics, musicology and other fields of humanities. The review will not normally exceed 6000 words and the book reviewed should be attached to the submission.
- Only full/part-time teachers in public/private colleges and research members of academic institutions may submit articles to Sun Yat-sen Journal of Humanities.
- Essays submitted to the Journal should be in typescript and should be sent in duplicate. With each submission please include the Submission Form, affidavit, electronic database service agreement and the electronic file of the article.
- Experts or scholars will be invited by the Editorial Board to evaluate anonymously each submission. The author’s name or any possible reference for identifying the author should not appear in the article. Article recommended by the reviewers will be accepted for publication.
- Authors with essays or book reviews published in the Journal will receive twenty offprints of their articles and two copies of the issue in which their articles appear.
- Essays must conform to the MLA Style Manual for documentation.
- Authors are responsible for securing permission to reproduce any illustration in the Journal, and responsible for their own essays, book reviews, or other forms of writing.
- Submissions will not normally be returned.
- Authors with essays or book reviews published in the Journal should also grant an exclusive license for our electronic database service.
- Submissions for the Journal should be mailed to the following address:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com